The team at Roots Yoga believes strongly in the power and importance of Yoga for every human, even and increasingly little humans, children.
The benefits of yoga for children are many, to name a few:
- Improves mood and decreases anxiety (Streeter, MD, 2010)
- Increases self-esteem and self-confidence
- Decreases stress and increases self-control (Matthew, MPH, 2008)
- Reduces stress (Brooks, 2007)
- Contributes to healthier body image
- Regulates the nervous system by increasing body’s ability to respond to stress (Streeter, MD, 2012)
- Increases parasympathetic activity (the relaxation response) and heart rate variability
- Builds strength, flexibility and balance
Interested in exposing your child to this wonderful practice??
Call or Email Maggie today for options on weekly classes or a Summer program!